Code Enforcement Officers work normal business hours. For urgent responses, please call 9-1-1.
If you leave a message, please include specific details about the location and condition of the property. You may submit an anonymous report.
Once a case has been opened on a property, Code Enforcement Officers work with the property owners to gain compliance. Generally this is voluntary and completed in a timely manner.
If the property owner does not choose to comply or has extenuating circumstances, progress may be slow or not evident for a period of time. You may contact Code Enforcement for updated information on a case.
All citizens are given reasonable due process to abate the nuisance dependent on the urgency of the condition.
Notice of Nuisance Properties
If you have received a Notice of Violation, you will have been given specific details about the condition that needs to be remedied and a time frame within which to comply. Failure to comply may result in civil fines. Fine may be charged per violation. Each day a violation is allowed to continue constitutes an additional violation.
Fines must be paid within 15 days.
You may request a hearing within 15 days of a fine or official Notice and Order being issued. Hearings are held at the Mountlake Terrace Police Department every other month with a Hearing Examiner presiding.
- For parking problems that create a safety hazard, such as blocking a fire hydrant or impeding traffic, please call 911.
- If you require immediate response, you can call the non-emergency line at (425)407-3999.
- To on-going parking problems or abandoned vehicles, you can call the main PD line at (425)670-8260 and ask to speak to Code Enforcement. If no one is available, you can leave a message with detailed information about the vehicle and the location.
- Please note that owners are given 72 hours to move a vehicle to avoid fines or towing so a vehicle may not move for a few days before action can be taken.
- Most parking violations are $50.00. If paid within 72 business hours, the fine is reduced by one-half (excluding ADA parking space and charging stations violations).
- Fines must be paid within 15 days. After 15 days, the fine is doubled. Violations are sent to Collections after an additional 15 days if not paid.
- You may request a Hearing within 15 days of parking fine being issued. Hearings are held at the Mountlake Terrace Police Department every other month with a Hearing Examiner presiding.
- Parking enforcement sends the last Registered Owner and Notice of Tow to the address on the Vehicle Registration.
When a vehicle is towed due to an accident, arrest or as evidence, the Records Division may not have the name of the company that towed the vehicle until the report has been processed, which can take up to 72 business hours.
There is a regional contract with the following tow companies:
- Paulson’s Towing (425) 775-1033
- R&R Towing (425) 778-9557
- Wally’s Towing (425) 672-0808
- Shannon Towing (425) 774-8811
You will need vehicle information, generally the license plate number. It is helpful to also have the location and approximate time the vehicle was towed. You must be the registered owner of a vehicle before the tow company will release it to you.