Street Lighting

Street lighting within the City is provided by fixtures owned and maintained separately by the Snohomish County Public Utility District Number 1 (PUD), the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), and the City.

For this reason, you are asked to call the City and not PUD or WSDOT to report a malfunctioning light. When the City receives your report, staff determines who is responsible for maintaining the particular light, and requests that it be repaired.

Reporting Street Light Outages

The City is asking for your help in reporting malfunctioning streetlights. Should you notice a streetlight out or cycling (turning on and off repeatedly during the night), contact City of Mountlake Terrace Public Works at 425-670-8264.

Please be as specific as possible when reporting the location of the streetlight. Some lights have a large number, "S-121324" for example, on the underside of the light hood. If possible, please report this number and closest street address. Thanks for your assistance.